Will my tank break if i move it?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

brianf1997

Registered Member
May 24, 2004
Visit site
I have a question that i'm hoping someone here can help me with. I have had a 29 gallon tank for approximately 10 years, and it has been used (moved 4 times) throughout those years. However, I just bought an apt, and would like to bring the tank with me...but i'm slightly concerned that the number of moves may have caused stress on the glass, etc. , and then when I empty it out and refill it in the new place, this could be 'the one time' that I regret.

So, my question is, how likely are glass tanks to break? The tank appears to be in perfect condition...never had a leak or anything, so are the odds in my favor? Or should I reinforce it with anything? Your help is GREATLY appreciated. Also, if you could e-mail your response to brianf1997@yahoo.com, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks alot,
Brian

mustangguy

AC Members
Apr 2, 2004
mass
Visit site
i think you should be all set...my friend has had his for about 10 yrs also and he has moved about 8 times with his tank.just make shure its safe during the move, i lost a tank that way

Toro Driver

AC Members
May 9, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
Your not suppose to move them with water and gravel in them, but I have done it a couple of times. I just drain the water down and make sure its secure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store