A Sad Day.....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Aqualung

AC Members
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
I have some sad news that I just wanted to share with everyone. Yesterday while dropping an algae wafer into my 29 gal. for the otos and gouramis, I found one of my zebra otos dead :( !

An algae wafer had landed in a crevice between a large piece of driftwood and the glass a couple of days before. I didn't have anything handy to remove it with, and didn't want to move stuff all around and disturb the tank, so it stayed there. On Saturday I had noticed one of the zebras trying to get at it, but unfortunately I didn't think much of it (in retrospect that should have been a red flag).

Well last night, I found it there.....wedged into the crevice and quite dead. I don't know how long it had struggled, but it managed to cram itself in there very tightly in the process. I feel terrible about it, and can't help but feel guilty.

These fish are quite hard to come by, and I was so glad to get healthy, robust stock. This was such a terrible loss :sad

Well, thanks for letting me vent. I guess I should be glad that the remaining three zebras are very healthy and doing great. I'm now considering doing some tank rearrangement though.

Philbe

AC Members
Oct 13, 2003
ottawa canada
Visit site
Sorry to hear that, but think of the long term good. Thanks for sharing so that all us others in the hobby can take a look at our tanks so make sure that might not happen.

Phil

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store