golden white clouds

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sorrel

AC Members
May 4, 2004
Visit site
I just got one of these to add to my tank of standard white clouds. I have never seen the golden ones before...anyone know anything about them? Are they an albino version or what? I'm assuming the requirements are exactly the same? Not that I have the expertise to breed them, but what color(s) would you get if the standard color and the goldens bred?

On another note, I read in an old thread here that White Clouds are illegal in Massachusetts. Is that true? I will be moving to MA soon...better stock up on white clouds now (the tank is coming with me)! Anyone know of a good fish store in the Pioneer Valley area (Amherst/Northampton), by the way?

Traci

AC Members
Jun 27, 2003
Austin, Texas
Visit site
I have goldens and the long finned regular. They don't really interact and since I have a bubble wall, I've never seen any nest building (which I understand males will do even if there isn't a viable female present).

I treat them the same as each other. I think technically the golden is just a leucistic strain and not an albino variant. I'd imagine that standard genetics hold true on the variant of fry, assuming the standard specimens carried the golden gene. I think it would be like 25%.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store