Elena's Motorcyle Ride through Chernobyl

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Amazing, and rather terrifying....

"The fire engines never returned in their garages, and the firemen never returned to their homes.

These fire engines are some of the most radioactive objects in all of Chernobyl. The firemen were the first on the scene, and they thought it was an ordinary fire. No one told them, what they were really dealing with.
"

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
Danimal, thank you for posting that. She is very brave to go into those areas, even with a geiger counter. You couldn't pay me enough to visit. I can totally see myself being one of those who stood on that bridge or on the roof of the 'tallest building in town' and watch what was going on - clueless about the dangers. What a sad, yet very moving, diary.

~Tara

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
Few things on the web amaze me anymore. This, did. That burned doll with the doll gas mask just floored me. I'm so thankful for the country we live it, and I wish those people could have had a taste of the liberties we all take forgranted.

Go hug your families folks.

Danimal

AC Members
May 12, 2004
SE Wisconsin
bakermedia.com
You all have had the same emotions I did when I read it so I thought it was worth sharing. I hope you all share that diary with someone else.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
The story is a fake. She did not ride her motorcycle alone through chernobyl.

JSchmidt

Cowbell! I need more cowbell!
Jun 27, 1999
IL, USA
www.wiu.edu
Originally posted by slipknottin
The story is a fake. She did not ride her motorcycle alone through chernobyl.
I don't recall reading that she rode alone, although she never mentions any travelling partners. Someone had to accompany her on some of the trips, though, because there are photos where the camera was held by someone else.

Do you have other reason to believe the story is a fake?

Jim

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store