Clownfish HELP!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mom3W

Registered Member
May 25, 2004
Visit site
What is wrong with my fish? I got two true percs on Sunday, and today (Tuesday), one of them acts like he is dying! He continues to stay on the bottom of the tank breething rapidly. Then he will fall to his side for 1 sec. and then start moving his fins but only staying in a 1 inch radius. He keeps doing this and he acts as if he is going to float to the top. Is he dying? Is there something I can do to help him? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
how long has your tank been up, how big is it, what else is in there... do you know your water conditons, is it eating... if so.. what?

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Something happening that fast has to be something it picked up before it got to you or a problem from acclimation. How did you acclimate the fish when you put them in?

In the old days, when they fed a lot of brine shrimp, clowns used to get a kind of convulsive disorder. It was apparently due to ionic imbalance. I don't have any books here, so I don't know if there is a treatment if that's the problem.

I'm not sure if there's much to do beside wait and watch. Is the other fish still healthy? Is it eating?

Mom3W

Registered Member
May 25, 2004
Visit site
The other fish are fine - eating and swimming, The other perc will sometimes go to him and nudge him as to say "come on"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store