Can an anemone receive too much love?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

knowthemath

AC Members
Feb 16, 2004
Virginia
Visit site
My anemone just recently split and both animals seem to be having trouble deciding where to call home. I've had to move them because they keep going to the powerheads or trying to get inside my skimmer box. Before splitting, it was content at one spot.

To add to the problem, my maroon has suddenly taken a liking to one of them and never leaves it alone. It seems stressed and tries to get into holes. Can my maroon give it too much loving?

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Clowns have been known to stress small anemones to death. I'm not exactly sure what you can do about it, though.

If you haven't already, it might be a good idea to cover the intakes of the powerheads with some kind of prefilter sponge, or a screen like a Hagen Quikfilter. Without more protection, it seems like one or both of the anemones may find their way inside a powerhead at some point.

Makaiveli

AC Members
Feb 6, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
yeah nice specs

I have a 40 gallon on it's way to being designed like yours. It's about 6 months old. How does one set up the "tank specs" link.

I have pom pom Xenia, Kenya Trees, Xooanthid, blue mushroom, red mushroom, green-bulb rockanemone, redtip rockanemone, unidentified rockanemone, hawaiin feather dusters.

Last edited:

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Step 1: Add a thread to the tank specs forum.
Step 2: In your control panel, edit your signature to add {URL=the URL for your specs}the name, like my tank specs{/URL}, using [ instead of {

Reefscape has added a sticky in the aquarium specs forum to help figure it out.

knowthemath

AC Members
Feb 16, 2004
Virginia
Visit site
Makaiveli,

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had trouble figuring out how to attach specs. I found out by accident when I was scrolling down on the forum selection page.

Dave,
I purchased a digital camera just recently, but haven't quite figured out how to get quality pics from the aquarium yet. I'll work on it this weekend.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
A few beginning pointers:
The tank lights usually look better than the flash.
A tripod helps a whole lot for composing and reducing camera shake.
The macro setting is your friend.
Turn off the room lights if you're shooting the whole tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store