Disease ID?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sparty1701

Registered Member
May 28, 2004
Indiana
www.drogers.net
Hello, new to the board here. I have a 10 gal with goldfish as feeders for a Piranha. I just got them from local fish store a few days ago. Some of them have some kind of white spots all over, very noticable. I imagine this is something fairly common, but I figured asking was the quickest way to find a solution.
Thanks In Advance
-DR

vaheelsfan

AC Members
May 23, 2003
Stuarts Draft, VA
Visit site
Probably ich. Feeders are notorious for introducing disease into aquariums and ultimately killing the fish they're supposed to keep alive. Goldfish aren't really all that nutritious, so maybe you should try to get your piranha to eat some sort of prepared food or beefheart or something like that. I'm not really sure how many goldfish you have in your ten gallon tank, either. I assume you weren't planning on keeping them in there for a long time since they were intended for your piranha, which I'm guessing you aren't going to do now. Unless the tank has a VERY strong filtration system and you change half of the water pretty much every day, they'll probably die from their own waste.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store