Well, I bought three Angelfish today...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
...and now I only have two. One of them, what looked like to me, had 'popeye'... It's head was getting deep red and eyes were shot out (much like another that I had...). I guess it was from the store, because, even when they were still in the bag, it had it. So, now it's dead, I found it with it's head towards the gravel. :(

So, now I'm stuck with two, instead of three... Oh, By the way they're Pearls (Silver).

I'll get some pics as soon as possible. ;)

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
The place I go to has no replacements/returns...

They were all about the same size, around 3 inches... The other are doing very well from what I can see. :)

Cichlid Woman

Dwarf cichlids rule ...
Nov 27, 2002
central Illinois
Visit site
Er ... how small was the bag this "no-return-no-replacement" place gave you to take those three large angels home in (if the three inches does not include the tail, those are fairly large fish, yes?).

If they were too cramped, I suppose it's possible one of them got the snot knocked out of him by the other two on the trip home.

I would be very skeptical about buying from anywhere that does not offer a guarantee for dead fish. I'm glad the other two are looking good, though--silvers are my favorite kind.

-- Pat

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
Well... come to think of it, they're prolly more 2 inches... they have all of their tails, which makes them look bigger.

I live 5 miles from the store so... I doubt it was the trip.
I didn't really get to look at them at the store because the light over the tank was off... So, I just asked her to get me three. I haven't had a problem ever before with that store so, I'm sure I'll go back and get another. Maybe a Marble this time.

MM ;)

JeffP

AC Members
Mar 26, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Meeki,

Always observe your fish before picking them out. If you know when fish are fed, time your fish-purchasing visits with feeding time. Sometimes that's the best time to sort out those fish which are not well. Do not buy sick fish out of sympathy.

Good luck.

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
Jeff,

I'm no Newb so I know how things work... This has been a one time only affair... I've had no trouble before with that store, and I will continue to buy from them. There was no sympathy in buying the fish... To put it simply, the lights to that tank was not on, and I've owned their Angels before. It was a bad decision on my part, and I wish there was something I could do.

MM ;)

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store