please help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gaurang

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
India
Visit site
Hello Friends,

Few days back i posted a thread for white spots found on my kissing fish and every one adviced me to treat it with malachite Green and increase the temp of my tank to 80D F, now its past 1 week but it find no reduction in the white spots :confused: but I find that the fishes have stoped flashing ther selves to the gravels what the earlier use to do.

Please let me know what next I should do to treat the white spots.

Best Regards,
gaurang Shah

kvr

AC Members
Apr 17, 2001
Ghent, Belgium
allserv.UGent.be
Originally posted by gaurang
please help:confused:
Welcome to the board !!!
People on this board or always very helpfull. If someone knows an answer or has an opinion on what you posted, he/she WILL respond to you. There really is no need to reply to your own tread to get it on top. It was only 30min between your question and your first reply, give people some time, they come out and help you. Just be patient ;)

Faramir

The twit from over the pond.
Nov 20, 1998
Chesterfield UK
If you've already started with malachite green, I wouldn't start mucking about with other meds.

First of all - is there carbon in the filter? Take it out; it adsorbs the medication.

Secondly - the fish have stopped flashing. Good start. Keep going as you were; raising the temperature will speed the process up.

FishBait

triggerhappy
Nov 27, 2002
Wilmington, NC
Visit site
Hey there, sorry to hear about your situation. Well, I don't know what brand of medication you are using, but here's what I do for ick. Basically I use Jungle's Ick Guard...the crystal stuff. I treat the tank, then wait 24 hours. If the fish still have white spots I then do a partial water change, siphoning all of the gravel. After that I reatreat. I do this every 24 hours until the fish are healed. I've never had to go more than 3 treatments for ick.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store