How come there is water comming out of the area of the intake tube?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
On wednesday, I cleaned out the intake tube of my
penguin 125. I also rinsed off the filter media. When I put them both back, there was, and still is, too much water being sucked up that it is overflowing by the intake tube. How can I fix this?

Hootchieman

I may be crazy, but I'm not insane.
Oct 22, 2002
Victoria, B.C.
Visit site
My hang on filter overflows whenever the media is plugged as well. Do you have too much media in there? I recently changed to a straight sponge type media that was cut to fit to get better flow.

John_K

Registered Member
Nov 27, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Before I switched to an AC500, I had a whisper 3. I tried rinsing the filter bags to extend their life but, like you, was only able to extend their life a few more days. It seems that although the filter may appear to be relatively clean, there is enough residual dirt and debris stuck to the floss it still restricts water flow.

Wippit Guud

///\\oo//\\\
Sep 27, 2002
PEI, Canada
Originally posted by NJ Devils Fan
I use the regular filtercartridges for the filter. Like I said, I rinsed it off a few days ago, and I only changed it last week.
Is it one of those cartriges with the black plastic backing? If so, rinsing it make have clogged the area between the media and that back, I had that problem a couple of times... no real way to fix it either, I just broke mine in half and put them in separately.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store