Best Marine Salt

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Toooloud

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
as long as you are using Fresh Salt, not old salt.. then really any.. they all seem to work very well..

I personally use instant Ocean,.

wishmaster

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm still in the process of gathering information on everything and I've heard that some brands of salts dissolve easier then others.

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
Aquarium Systems claims to have made IO (Instant Ocean) easier to dissolve. I haven't really noticed any difference between the old and the new. I've been using IO almost exclusively for the past year and it's always dissolved fairly easily for me.

I've also used Kent salt and I never had any problems with it either. It's just slightly more expensive than IO in my area.

Some people swear by Reef Crystals, also made by Aquarium Systems. I haven't tried it yet, but I hear it's one of the more expensive salts available.

Satchmo

AC Members
May 28, 2001
NJ, 16E
IO for me. Tropic Marin is also supposed to be good stuff. I've also tried BioSea (it was a free bag), but found the pH more difficult to maintain.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store