Reasonable trades??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Shelly

AC Members
Dec 29, 2002
Pekin, IL
Visit site
I am returning my pleco as he will get too big for me, and do you think the petstore would find it a good deal to return the pleo and ask for two coryduras catfish??

They do the samething don't they?<--Eat algae?

How many should I get to keep in a 29 gallon with
2 platies
5 guppies
1 minnow

How many should I get to keep in a 10 gallon with
8 neon tetras?

I am going to trade my Oranda in as well cuz I will not have the room for him as he gets bigger...For some ghost shrimp..Does that sound reasonable??

How many ghost shrimp should I get for each tank??

Manix

Local Psychopath
Jan 3, 2002
Bristol/TN/USA
Visit site
Trades

Yes, Cories eat algae. However when trading your fish in, your store is more likely to give you in-store credit than an actual fish-for-fish swap. Without a recipt, you may not even get that. Good luck.

tyler

safety...
Nov 28, 2002
Fargo, ND
www.angelfire.com
if you want something small that eats algae, i'd go for a few ottos.

you could still get a few cories though. pandas are a bit smaller than some of the other species. five would look pretty nice on the bottom of the 29.

as far as the ghost shrimp, these don't affect your bioload too much. i used to have 4 in a 5 gallon with a full fish load. they're fun to watch too. maybe around 10 in the 29 and 5 or so in the ten.

Shelly

AC Members
Dec 29, 2002
Pekin, IL
Visit site
~My petstore usually lets you swap as long as the fish looks healthy, and plus I get all my fish from there anyways....A year ago I swapped a California newt for two gerbils:D ...I was just asking if that was a good swap and I wasnt asking for too much.:)

But anyways...

I bought two Julii Coryduras catfish..And the petstore was out of Ghost shrimp so I will go back next Tuesday when they are expecting.

I want to know a little more about these Julii corys...How many should I keep together? Because I read they like to be in groups..But separate off in pairs.

Then I read on their species profile on this website that "socialability<--Pairs. So does that mean keep two in a tank??

My Corys will only get to 1.5-to 2 inches long.

I traded my pleco in for them.

In my 29 is now
2 Julii Corys
6 guppies
2 platies
1 minnow

In my 10 is now
1 small oranda

and I have moved the neons to the 5 gallon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store