lighting question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

StevieM

Nov 29, 2002
lewiston, NY
Visit site
I was curious if anyone knew what size light bulbs to get for an Eclipse System 2 when replacing?? I took them out and measured them, but I'm not sure if you measure from the start of the bulb or from end of the pins to end of pins?? In both cases I had very odd readings. Going from end of bulb to end of bulb I measured roughly 16 7/8 or 17". I have no idea where to find replacements this size....Big Al's only had 15" and 18" bulbs from what I saw. If anyone can help me here that would be great!! thanks in advance

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
measure the space inside the hood from one of the endcaps to the other.

it should be 18" and thats the bulb length you get.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
The stats for the Eclipse 2 systems lists that it comes with 2 18" bulbs...at a guess, that would be the way to go. ;)

StevieM

Nov 29, 2002
lewiston, NY
Visit site
thanks for the insight....I just measured it and got juuuuuust shy of 18" from one end cap to the other. I guess I will try the bulbs out and see what happens!!! I just had a feeling that beacause of the ease of use thing, I was going to be trapped into getting replacement parts through Marineland or something. Muchas Gracias...

steve

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store