Rbta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cybball

AC Members
Dec 23, 2003
Des Moines, IA
Visit site
I recently (6/18/04) adopted a RBTA from a friend. He found that it was very upset in his tank and couldn't get it to cheer up. Not sure why. I put it in my 55. I have 4x65w pc's. He was the size of a quarter when I got him in there. He's been the size of a silver dollar, maybe a bit larger. His tenticles aren't extending and are short stumpy bubbles. He attached to some rock and really hasn't moved since. I fed him a piece of uncooked over the counter shrimp two days ago. I read on a reef central post about silversides. I put 1/2 of one into his tenticles today. He pushed the silverside towards his mouth, but then it just sat there. It's like he was holding it against his mouth, but not putting it in. That was on my lunch hour, so I never got to see what happened. Not sure if he ate it or not. I have xenia, shrooms, an elephant ear mushroom, and a leather in the tank. I've got two perc clowns. Everything is doing well, and I do frequent water changes. I've got a fluval 304 filter running as well as 2 powerheads for current. Anything I need to do? I really want to keep it alive. I've seen photos of what they look like when healthy. It' looks mad or something.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Could it be bleaching out? Is it droopy most of the time ? With the silver sides for an anemone that small you might want to tear them into little pieces or feed it mysis shrimp . Try giving him some pretty regular feedings at least at first say every other day or so watch if you can because what it can't eat it will spit out. Also as to the bubbles the tentacles wont start to loose their bubbles untill it's a bit large sounds like you have a little guy. Also what sort of lights do you have how old is your tank and do you skim?
hth
chris

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store