Junk Products

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MFish

AC Members
Aug 29, 2001
Suburb of Philadelphia
Let's all make a list..of Junk. :D This would be good for any newbies to the hobby, and veterans who might attempt to use these products.

The product I choose to add to the list:
1.Marineland's Bio-Spira Freshwater "Bacteria"

superjohnny

AC Members
Dec 18, 2002
Sol
1979 Ford Pinto :D

Oh, fish products? My last plastic canopy was a real POS, I'll nominate plastic canopies. Glass is soooo much better.

MFish

AC Members
Aug 29, 2001
Suburb of Philadelphia
What kind of canopy was your plastic one? Oceanic? Perfecto? I do agree though, the glass Versa-Tops (I just cut glass and make a hinge it's cheaper) and striplights are better in some ways

More Products that are Garbage:
2. pH Up
3. pH Down
3. PH 7.0
4. Had-A-Snail

~Mike

latazyo

Grisled
Sep 17, 2002
10g undergravel filter

enough red/white/blue rock to cover a 10g well

8inch pen plax heater from teh 80s

wave castle air pump

all this came with the 10g tank I acquired

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
anything made by Marc Weiss.

Miracle Mud.

crappy 20 watt hoods.

Gumby7

AC Members
Jun 3, 2001
Vancouver, BC
1) Unnecessary chemicals. Why turn your tank into a science experiment when a simple partial water change will suffice? (I know, I know adding 3 drops from the skull and crossbones bottle is easier than replacing 20 odd gallons).

2) Most inexpensive heaters. (Why is it so hard to make a decent heater that doesn't go ape? Even in the short term).

3) Most suction cups (and usually the plastic junk of dubious validity attached to them). This one's so true - they often fail in a few months but the plastic in the dump lasts 200 years! I want some of that!

Gumby

o snap its eric

AC Members
Jan 2, 2003
san francisco
Visit site
ph up
ph down

they are no good. it seemed to work for me back then when i used it. what would you prefer using then? acutally this was a while ago when i cared about ph's so i dont remember all that correctly.

i wanna add................ clorine remover. hahaha

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
O snap, what brand of de-chlorinator so you use?

Add to the list: Hagen air pumps. Reliable, yes, but whats that? I can't hear myself think!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store