Cory question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Evil_angel_fish

::yawn:: can I stop being evil now?
Jun 16, 2004
Queens New York
Visit site
The 2 cory's in my community tank are off the wall, zipping all over and swimming to the top then back to the bottom. Its ammusing but do they normaly do that? I never had cory's before. thery are albino.

napkinman

AC Members
May 16, 2004
houston TX
www.rubyinterweb.com
my brother had a few cory's in his 10g that did that. they would do that same thing when he first got them. they eventually stopped doing that and calmed down. i don't know if you just got them or not but they could just be feeling out their renviornment. that's what me and my bro. thought it was.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
My albino cory is athe most spastic. But all of them can be quite zippy. They burst to the top to grab a breath of air. They actually swallow a bubble of air and can digest it in their gut. So if you see them with a swollen belly don't freak out right away.

Slannesh

AC Members
Jun 9, 2004
Edmonton Alberta Canada
lostviking.com
Both of my Bronze Corys do that as well.

Sitting calmly on the bottom then all of a sudden they explode into action and swim all over eventually hitting the top then back to the bottom again. Where they sit and cruise around looking for something to eat for a while before they start the whole process over again. Very interesting behavior.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store