Tour de France

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Andy16

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
So whos gonna watch it this year? If Lance wins it he will be the first person to win 6 Tour de Frances in a row.

Fishsmurf

I'm not as cute as this....
Nov 27, 2002
Bahrain
Visit site
I'll watch it when I can, I'd like to see Amstrong do it just to achieve that sixth title, however I think Ulrich will give him a real run for his money. It will be interesting at least.

Do you think that Armstrong will retire if he doesn't win?

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
www.tomwalkerportraits.com
I listen live on OLN at work (boss loves that) and if the race sounded good I'll watch the replay. Sounds like its all going to be about the last week this year. I really hope he gets it. Last year was pretty rough. I'd love to see him and Tyler go down to the wire 1 and 2.

Tom

Sensei_the_dojo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
I'll follow it on the internet again. Yes, I'd like to see Lance take it, but won't be too surprised or disappointed if he doesn't. He's already secured his place in biking history.

I'm not really a big bike racing fan, just a 40 year old guy who rides his bike to work as often as possible to keep my spare tire from turning into a balloon. ;)

Andy16

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
I think Armstrong already announced that he will be racing in next years Tour.

After the last tour he said that he didnt train as much as he would have liked and he will be more prepared this year. I hope he is. I want him to win and for me it will be a little bit of a dissapointment.

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
Originally posted by Andy16
I think Armstrong already announced that he will be racing in next years Tour.

After the last tour he said that he didnt train as much as he would have liked and he will be more prepared this year. I hope he is. I want him to win and for me it will be a little bit of a dissapointment.
I think his performance last year really ticked him off. I expect he's worked harder this year and will either (A) smoke the competition or (B) show that age is catching up to him. Knowing his determination, drive, and competetive spirit I'm leaning towards the former. I would love to see him be the first to win 6 especially if he can do 6 in a row. I doubt 6 in a row would be challenged anytime soon.

Tom

Andy16

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Wisconsin
Visit site
I went riding today and I thought about it a little. 6 in a row seems almost impossible and beyond human strength. So now im actually doubting he can do it even though I really want him to win. Hamilton or Ullrich might steal it from him. Tyler took a good spot with a broken collarbone, and he would have done a lot better if he was in good health. Ullrich is just a talented rider that will be tough to beat.

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
Tyler is the Chevy Chase of cycling. He falls A LOT. The chances he will make it through the Tour without some kind of injury are pretty slim. He is still stiff competition nontheless. I think the days of Ullrich being the biggest threat are done although he will be in the top 5. Mayo is a pretty big concern. He's dangerous.

Tom

Fishsmurf

I'm not as cute as this....
Nov 27, 2002
Bahrain
Visit site
I still not sure I would write Ulrich off just yet. He has just taken the Tour of Switzerland, the second event in a row he has now won. They interviewed him afterwards and he said that he was in the shape of his life both physically and mentally. I think he could still be a huge threat.

If nothing else it will be interesting......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store