Yellow Tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Juthunter28

AC Members
May 11, 2004
Visit site
My yellow tang has developed some brown patches on his side by his dorsal fin and his tail fin and he keeps rubbing against the rocks and the sand....what should i do? Does he have a parasite...i have CFX Parasite Terminator that was used for the tank before i got it...should i use it??? Will it kill my Camel Shrimp?? Thansk...i dont wanna lose any fish....ive lost 2 reef chromis for some reason 2 days after i bought them....any suggestions/answers?

Juthunter28

AC Members
May 11, 2004
Visit site
Yeah it does kinda....ill steal my dads digital camera and post a pic of it tonight or tommorow......but it is eating well and acting alright just rubs agasinst the rocks like its scratching itself and then goes and eats algae all over...

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Septicemia, parasites seem most likely. There's a variety of treatments--http://www.fishpalace.org/Disease.html is a good place to check for your options.

What is the diet, as well? Tangs are more susceptible to ailments if they aren't getting enough quality greens.

Juthunter28

AC Members
May 11, 2004
Visit site
I feed my fish Brine Shrimp Plus flake foods and enrinched Brine Shrimp every day rotating from one one day to the other the next day....an rommain lettuce but none of my fish seem interested in it...

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Definitely not enough greens. Pick up some nori, or Seaweed selects, something that has marine greens in it. High protien diets are not good for yellow tangs.

tervman

Professional Dog Handler
Apr 18, 2004
Visit site
You can find Nori in an Asian or International grocery store. It's MUCH cheaper than getting it from your LFS. Get the stuff that is just straight dried seaweed....don't get the stuff that is roasted/toasted/flavored, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store