Incubation period?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Goldy

AC Members
May 22, 2004
Delaware
www.freewebs.com
When I was doing a water change today, one of my danios got sucked through into the bucket. I only use the bucket to dispose of dirty fish water. I put him back in the tank and he seems unharmed. Could he have caught something by being in the dirty bucket? How long before it would show up? I was trying to give the danios away but don't want to expose some one else's tank to anything. I usually put a net over the end of my siphon tube but was in a hurry today. I'll be rinsing my bucket frequently from now on. Live and learn.:rolleyes:

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
Because it was only momentarily, I think he'll be ok.... If the bucket was used for mopping the floors and/or was used with cleaning chemicals some of the time, then I'd think he might be in trouble.... but since you say it's only been used for the tank, I think it's ok....

vato

AC Members
Apr 17, 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Everything that was in that bucket would have already been in your tank, so the chances that your fish caught anything from the dirty water is very slight. As long as you haven't used any chemicals or anything in the bucket he will likley be just fine. The only problem I can foresee is him getting injured by gettung sucked up through the hose and possibly causing some internal damage that you can't see.

Goldy

AC Members
May 22, 2004
Delaware
www.freewebs.com
Thanks for the reassurance. Haven't used that bucket for chemicals in years and it was rinsed many times since.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store