Bluefin Angel aka Dusky Angel aka Dusky Cherub - anyone with experience?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tervman

Professional Dog Handler
Apr 18, 2004
Visit site
I am trying to get some info on a Bluefin Angel aka Dusky Angel aka Dusky Cherub, in regards to how it does in a FOWLR community tank. My current tank inhabitants are a pair of Green Chromis, a pair of Percs, a Pair of Pajama Cardinals, a pair of Cleaner Shrimp (I'm starting to feel like Noah) and assorted snails and hermit crabs.

I did a search on the forum, but nothing popped up that looked like what I was trying to find. I have also seen another fish, that is NOT what I want, that is also called a Cherub Angel.

I am interested in this fish....

bluefin angel.jpg

quantim0

Go Packers!!
Feb 19, 2002
Westfield, NJ
that fish should be real good in your setup provided you have a healthy specimen to begin with (as is the case with all fish). if i were you i'd see the fish in person first cause that picture makes them look like they are gorgeous. :rolleyes:

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Hate to break it to you, but they look nothing like that in real life. That fish was probably under 100% actinic lights to get the blue to show. Otherwise it is just a black fish with a few tiny hints of blue. As to wheter a dwarf angel can go in your tank depends on two things: a) how big is the tank & b) how long has the tank been going? They must have at least a 55g tank and must be running for at least 6 months in order to just about ensure survival. Anyway, hope this helps and good luck.

Ray Pollett

AC Members
Jun 6, 2003
Blaine, WA
Visit site
"Body entirely dusky brown with darken bars on sides; fins with blue markings(particularly noticeable on pelvics); blue-edged dark spot above gill cover" page 44 of "A guide to Angelfishes & Butterflyfishes" by Gerald Allen Roger Steene & Mark Allen.

A small fish only grows to 9cm.

Ray

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store