Imax show-coral reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

valerie

AC Members
Apr 18, 2001
Edmonton, AB
Well i finally went to see coral reef at the imax. It was really good. The pictures were amazing. It talked about how the reefs are dying and what they think is causing it. It was very interesting and beautiful. The onyl thing i didn't like was it didn't say what they are doing to try and fix it or how they can help the corals. But it was still a great show and would definately see it again but this time i will sit further back as you can get nauseated(sp?) if you sit too close to the giant screen;)

Anyone else been to see if?

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
probably because they arent really doing anything to save the reefs.

IMO, aquarists who are propagating corals are doing more to save the reefs than they are.

JesseJ

You should be dancin'
Jan 22, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
There are 2 shows about coral reefs playing at Imaxs here in Vancouver. The one you are talking about Val and one thats shot in 3D. I liked both of them but I liked them more for the pictures then the educational content. One of them had a site printed in the credits for saving reefs. I can't remember what it was but I went there right after seeing the movie and it wasen't much more the some quotes and a link to give money.

WharfRat

Don't Panic / Always Carry A Towel
Jul 6, 2004
Orlando Fl
www.aquatichabitats.com
My only probelm with that movie was waayy too much surface time. Being an avid diver and fish keeper I wanted 45 minutes of underwater footage.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store