Decisions, decisions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

appaloosatb

Took the road less taken
May 24, 2002
Byron, MN
appaloosatb.bookcrossing.com
After having my SW FOWLR tank up since August, I've decided to tear it down and use it for something else instead because I'm allergic to a type of SW algae and break out in hives whenever I reach in the tank, and it's too expensive to keep up anyway.

My problem is I can't decide what to use it for! The tank is a 29gal... should I go brackish or do a heavily planted community tank?

The brackish would house my bumblebee catfish (now residing in a FW with cichlids) and some other critters that could stand up to him. The FW would house some schooling tetras like neons and rummynoses.

Any ideas? What would you do? :)

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
That sounds familiar: whenever I go SW scuba diving, my face breaks out in welts. I have to take antibiotics a week before & the week of my trips.

According to Planet Catfish:
(Bumblebee Catfish) Appears to prefer acidic, softer water but is truly hardy and adaptable in captivity.
"Furniture" An totally dark cave is required, sized to suit the fish. Long black PVC pipes are ideal, the fish also prefers wood to stone
BW probably is not the best for these fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store