Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Awesome...
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    01-12-2004 5:39 AM
    Ive never fishless cycled freshwater tanks either.
    Ive never lost a fish in the 'cycling' period - nor did they ever look stressed or unhealthy - quiet the opposite actually.
    I have never dumped heaps of fish in straight away though, i always stocked slowly - 2-4 fish (depending on size) weekly or even fortnightly.
    Good water changes, and keeping an eye on the PH is all ive found neccessary IME.
    From the land downunder.

so i says to the guy....
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    11-12-2005 7:02 PM
    I'll bet you filled up the tank, turned on the pumps, lights, and heaters, and let the water age for a day, just to be on the safe side, then bought fish to go into your wonderful new toy, right?

Now you've gotten curious as to why you're losing fish. So you've gone online, since all the answers to all the questions are on the internet, and stumbled upon this great little forum. Then you read about this thing called "fishless cycling" that everyone seems to be so big on, all the time thinking, "well, that's great, but I've already got fish, so how do I do that now?".....
    BY: Pinballqueen

Thats exactly what I did! And now I am trying to save the rest of my fish from dying (if you want details see my thread NEED HELP!)
    no tank currently :sad:

BobsTropicalPlants.com Mgamer20o0's Avatar
    Usergroup
    Moderators
    M.A.N. Community Vendors
    when adding the water do you put the cleaning chems in? i dont think you add the cleaning chems when the cycle is complet. but what about before?

Reads a lot, knows a little
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    07-02-2009 1:43 PM
    Originally posted by Mgamer20o0
    when adding the water do you put the cleaning chems in? i dont think you add the cleaning chems when the cycle is complet. but what about before?
    what "cleaning chems" are you talking about?

do you mean the dechlorinator that is added to the water being added to the tank or to the tank before or as the water is being added.

Read the lable of the product, some suggest to add to water before adding to the tank... particularly when trating for chloramines I think. Others say works instantly. when in doubt contact the manufacturer, some have internet sites and email contact info.

Usergroup
    AC Members

Smile green tank

Some weeks ago my tank was so-o-o-o green, you couldn't see you hand in it. I had some GIANT Jag cichlids living in it. Then, all of a sudden-within 48 hours-the tank turned crystal clear and has been that way ever since. What do you think the change was? Any takers!?

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    07-02-2003 1:49 PM
    When you find out let me know...

My water isnt very green, but it does have a tint to it...

Im trying to reduce the amount of light it gets.
    I sleep with the fishes

BobsTropicalPlants.com Mgamer20o0's Avatar
    Usergroup
    Moderators
    M.A.N. Community Vendors
    i was talking about the dechlorinator stuff. do i add it before i start cyceling? what about when i am done cyceling do i also add it when i do the water change?

In loving memory of Meeko PumaWard's Avatar
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Add it before cycling.... the chlorine may kill your beneficial bacteria.... defeating the purpose of the cycle.
    "a land ethic changes the role of Homo sapiens from conqueror of the land-community to plain member and citizen of it. It implies respect for his fellow members and also respect for the community as such." -Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac

My Aquariums

Basics to Oscar Care

What's in your dogs food? Find out at
    http://www.mordanna.com/dogfood

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    12-24-2005 9:54 PM
    you can add the dechlor before you cycle or you could just let the fill it up, turn everything on and let it go for a day to let the water age, then add your seeding material and start the cycle. ive also asked about adding dechlor at the water changes and people have said yes to it. i guess the adding of chlorinated water to the cycled tank can reek havoc on the bacteria, and fish.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    02-07-2004 2:24 PM
    Hi! um, I have a 29gal. tank whcih I set up 2 days ago, and the water is conditioned and ready to go. I did a sample test and all tests showed 100% perfect. I consulted some people to see if this was actual cycling, and they said no. so, now i'm coming here to ask "how do I actually start cycling?" that's the only bad thing about this post, because it doesn't EXACTLY tell you how to start your cycle. Just a thought. Can you help me? This is my 1st time cycling because I didn't cycle my 200gal. with my oscars inside... and they're perfectly fine right now... Well, so can I please get help?
    Kissing Gourami 100% cured thanks to Rid-Ich by Kordon. Tiger Barb cured 100% thanks to Maracyn 2 by Mardel.
    Fighting a new case of Corydoras disease

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information