Dealing with a Clown Trigger

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
I know I haven't been around a lot lately but that is because I have been helping my mom out a lot with my "sick" Clown Trigger. I bought my Clown back in Feb, (Orion- from Sherman Tank Co.) and he has been doing amazing. Typical Clown, very active, likes to be a pia, etc. Two weeks ago my mom calls and says my Clown is gone. I was like WHAT? He has been the picture of health. She said she saw him laying between two rocks on the bottom and she went back to check and didn't seem him and didn't see him for the next 4 days. So I was totally bummed as Clown Triggers in general are my favorite fish of all time and I especially like him. Then I got another call 5 days later from the first one saying she saw him when she turned the lights on late in the morning. So I came home the next day and we caught him (he had gone nocturnal) and we quickly realized there was something very wrong with his vision. He can see things far out but can not eat on his own since he can not see close up and he bumps into rocks and such. I was talking to Mike on RC and he said it could be because of 3 things that he knows of; feeding Goldfish, Metal Halide lighting burning the retina, and high nitrates. None of these 3 have ever been a factor so we are totally at a loss for why he has suddenly gone blind. Anyway, just thought would post that blindness has happened in fish before. Today I get to bring him up to my house so will be on a lot more here soon since I don't have to drive 45min every day to see him. He will have a long lazy life ahead of him and a long job ahead for me seeing as he has to be hand fed (stick fed) twice a day. Aren't fish great?!

sorry

Sorry to hear about your trigger, hope it does well even without the best eyesight. I just got a Huma Huma myself, my first trigger, and it's so cute!

I just looked at your website about your horses ... they're beautiful! I'm also a horse lover. Use to ride a lot when I was younger (7 yrs to 15 years) then I had to get a job to pay for the car and had to quit lessons. I dream about owning my own someday, in fact hubby has told me that eventually I could have one just not now. Right now we're in our first house, a starter home basically, and it's full up. We're planning to move in 2006 and hopefully I can finally get my small farm propert that I want soooooo badly. If that happens I know it'll only be a matter of time before the horses start coming in.

Anyway, I just wanted to compliment you on your website and congrats and good luck with the expectant mare ... she is absolutely breathtaking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store