Wonderwall

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
I used to be a big Oasis fan.

Something about his wife losing her job and he wrote the song for her... That's what I read a while back.

I always thought Oasis' lyricks were pretty cheesy... Heck, have you ever listened to Champagne Supernova??? :)

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
I'm not sure about what the lyrics mean, but I did find this somewhere....

"TOP TEN REASONS TO BUY AN OASIS ALBUM

10. Because, as they express freely, they sound so much "like the Beatles."
9. It's easier to overplay their two tolerable songs without those annoying radio commercials.

8. Fun accents!!!

7. To rebel against your friends that actually have taste.

6. Perhaps if we all buy CD's, they'll have enough cash to retire.

5. Limited edition CD smells like Liam's v--it.

4. Clever rhyming album titles like "What's the Story (Morning glory?)"

3. Cause, like....it's music....but it's not music.

2. It was either that or Ace of Base.

1. Lack of originality and basic musical skills makes even your crummy amateur band sound good.
"

:D

ChicoRaton

Se?or Member
Jun 5, 2004
Idaho, USA
www.hazy8.com
1. Lack of originality and basic musical skills makes even your crummy amateur band sound good."

haha, very true. I've only been playing guitar for a month or so and I picked up wonderwall in 45 minutes:D Try as I might though I was unable to find any meaning in the lyrics except maybe he was expressing his love for cliche metaphors?

ash

AC Members
Jan 7, 2004
Visit site
that was funny Joe- except now champagne supernova (and wonderwall- because they are essentially the same whiny song) are stuck in my head.

avoxo

FORE!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 25, 2003
North Providence, RI
Visit site
The very first time I met my wife, I had a radio at work and my wife walked up to me and asked if I liked the song and I changed the station and said "This song really stinks"

Later on when I asked my wife to marry me I had Wonderwall playing in the background
:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store