fahrenheit 9/11

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
It was a great film but like all things like that you have to go in and come out skeptical. He made some interesting points but you cant believe whole heartedly everything he says... just as you cant believe Bush.

I think it was a great idea for him to make the film..... although i think that mainly the people who are going to go see it are the people who already think Bush is a cracker.

kikuchiyo

Shogun
May 9, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
It's nice Americans are finally seeing the stories and images that were on world news for ages (I was out of the country right before the war started, including in the Middle East and South Asia. The view from there was, obviously, very different). This country's news media is one of the most inept, unprofessional, unthinking (or just plain greedy) in the world. Sometimes it seems like its one step away from state run news media. Even my beloved NPR wasn't as pressing as it should have been.

I've always been a fan of Moore and he doesn't say anything new in the film that he didn't say in Dude Where's My Country, but coupled with this delightful news a film is probably the best way to get an idea across these days in America.

Last edited:

cgrabe

AC Members
Jun 1, 2004
Virginia, USA
Visit site
I can't trust a word that comes out of Moore's mouth. I'd be the first to say Bush has really screwed up, but Moore clearly has no interest in objectively documenting anything but his checking account balance. He may have some valid points in there somewhere, but I'm not going to try to wade through the deception to find them.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Originally posted by cgrabe
I can't trust a word that comes out of Moore's mouth. I'd be the first to say Bush has really screwed up, but Moore clearly has no interest in objectively documenting anything but his checking account balance. He may have some valid points in there somewhere, but I'm not going to try to wade through the deception to find them.
ditto for me.

ash

AC Members
Jan 7, 2004
Visit site
it doesn't have to be objective- it's just his viewpoint. At least it has people talking and questioning- our useless soundbite media sure the hell isn't.

aquariumfishguy

Social Regular
Jul 14, 2003
Michigan, USA
www.care4fish.com
Exactly Ash. And like ALL media isn't biased in some way or the other? LOL

Moore is just one other source... take it in, and make what you want out of it. But he is just as entitled to project his views as everyone else is.

And yes, he is probably over payed, but so is everyone else out there in that field (most anyway).

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Originally posted by ash
it doesn't have to be objective- it's just his viewpoint.
I never said anything about objective.

He changes things around to something they are not. Has nothing to do with being objective, it has everything to do with lying and manipulating the truth.

And I never said he wasent entitled to make his movies either. He is 100% entitled to make them. Just as Im entitled not to waste my money on seeing them.

Last edited:

kikuchiyo

Shogun
May 9, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
There was a nice discussion of this in a film class I took, in reference to Roger and Me. He argued that the way he arranges details can be problematic to some people but his tendency to look down on the people he says he's fighting for (less so in Columbine and 9/11 than in Roger and Me) is far more of a problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store