I want to build a web site

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

WharfRat

Don't Panic / Always Carry A Towel
Jul 6, 2004
Orlando Fl
www.aquatichabitats.com
But I dont know HTML code and Im not going to. I'm looking for a program thats easy to use. I used to use Homstead but its not an option anymore. The builder program was nice..fairly simple to use. I'm not sure what Im looking for but WYSIWYG would be great. What stuff have y'all used to make your sites?

kikuchiyo

Shogun
May 9, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
But I dont know HTML code and Im not going to.

I think you'll want Geocities. It'll be perfect for the caliber of page you'll be building.

To be fair, you can use Word, Frontpage (Express) and a few other WYSIWYG tools to do HTML pages (check download.com for some). But you'll never get a page like you want it and you'll be hardpressed do anything visually decent.

Should you change your mind, way back in '95 HTMLgoodies.com and Davesite.com were good places for learning how to really make a web page. I haven't coded in about 6 months but I still use the old 4.0 version of Arachnophila for HTML editing when I need to.

Granted, these days PHP or perl is a must for professional sites, butfor a pictures of the dog and kids site, HTML and maybe a little CSS is more than enough.

Last edited:

WharfRat

Jul 6, 2004
Orlando Fl
www.aquatichabitats.com
I have a Geocities page but their **** builder program is always screwed up. makes it **** hard to do anyhting. But thanks for for responding

Guy W

AC Members
Apr 8, 2002
Naples, FL
Designing a simple, static webpage is pretty easy using just 2 tools. Adobe Photoshop and Macromedia Dreamweaver. With those 2 tools you don't need to know any HTML.

What you do is design/draw what you want the page to look like. Then use the Slice Tool to cut up the 1 big picture into smaller pictures/cells, and save for web. Photoshop will export an HTML file and all the images.

Then go into Dreamweaver, in WYSIWYG view, add/edit your text, set up your hyperlinks, and upload the website to your webserver.

If your interested in trying this, feel free to ask me any questions. I've been using this system of making websites for a long time for my business.

Guy

fishlvr

still doesn't have a clue...
Mar 29, 2004
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.abstractsync.com
First of all, what is WYSIWYG ??? :confused: lol

Unless you are just really dead set against learning any HTML, I suggest Draac.com. He has a very simple HTML tutorial that takes you step by step through writing code for a simple web page. There are also more advanced lessons if you get interested. I tried using "page builders" before and never could get anything like I wanted it.

Learn a little HTML and you can make a very nice, simply web page. Also, tables can be your best friend ;) I suggest learning how to do them too.

ChicoRaton

Se?or Member
Jun 5, 2004
Idaho, USA
www.hazy8.com
I agree with learning HTML. It is not very complicated to learn the tags you need to format a simple page. and once you learn the TABLE tag you can do some impressive layouts with minimal effort.

If you REALLY don't want to though, you can get some good WYSIWYG editors from www.tucows.com for free or a free trial basis. usually they aren't too expensive once your trial is up either, about $20.

WharfRat

Jul 6, 2004
Orlando Fl
www.aquatichabitats.com
Thank you so much for that refresher..I totally forgot about Twocows. Got a program that looks like its exactly what I need

heat

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Houghton Lake, Michigan
kikuchiyo, thank you!! I have been trying for the last 6 months to remember the tutorials address that I used to learn a bit of html. HTMLgoodies is a great way to learn a bit. Simple clear cut directions and easy to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store