Yellow tang white blotch on lateral line

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

105man

AC Members
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
My yellow tang has an irregular white blotch running along it's lateral line on one side. It also has a couple of fin tears, but those have come and gone in the past.

Everything else with the tank is fine, and I have had the yellow a year and a half with no problem.

Thanks for any advice!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Does the white shoe more first thing in the morning? I do know yellows tend to fade, and can have blotches that are harmless--just a change in pigment, not related to health. Red/brown is another matter, and can be a symptom of problems, but white is normally not a concern.

105man

AC Members
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
Nothing brown, red or other...just white. The irregular blotch runs along the curved line in upper part of body, sort of parellel to the dorsal fin...I assume that curved line is the lateral line. Also on that same side, lower body appears more whitish...other side is more totally yellow, as it has always been.

No other symptoms...seems to swim and eat fine, and all other fish, together now at least a year, are also fine.

Maybe some of the yellow has just faded, as you say.

BTW, you have always been very helpful, responsive and courteous...I appreciate it!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
You're welcome--I'm sure you'll catch me being cranky and rude sometime! :)

As long as the behavior and feeding are normal, I wouldn't worry much. Yellows tend to be pretty hardy, IME, and I've seen lots of odd color changes that weren't more than just that--a color change.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store