Best public aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
there are a number of good ones and even if I went to every one I would be hard pressed to name the best one.

when I went to the Chattanooga TN area I went to the Tennesee Aquarium there and was rather impressed. they will be opening a new saltwater area almost as big as the current space in a few years so I would go again if I got back there in due time

that aquariums slant is the tennesee river from source to emptying into the sea. with some visiting exibits that change and some other stuff for compairison

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
The only one I have been to in the USA is in Boston and it is rather nice. My girlfriend is from Baltimore and tells me I must go see the National Aquarium with her so I guess that will be next.

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
TKOS ~ the only public aquariums I've been to are Boston (I live here!) and Baltimore... Baltimore is very nice, a lot more to see than Boston!

~Tara

Copper

Nearsighted master of all I survey
May 11, 2004
Arlington, TX
Visit site
The Dallas World Aquarium is pretty cool! It's built in an old warehouse. You start at the top where they have birds and monkeys, and kinda walk down in a spiral towards the bottom. it's like walking down the various levels of an ecosystem surrounding a tropical lake. Eventually you get to ground level where the biggest pools are. They have some BIG alligators, and in another, deeper, tank, they have 3 manatees. You can go to a lower level and watch them swim below the surface with turtles, rays, and other large fish.

They also have a pair of river otters that are just plain fun to watch!

Copper

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
I almost forgot that I went to the aquarium in Stolckholm. It was tiny but really well setup with different ecosystems. And of course the Houston one as well. Man were was my head to forget those places. Houston was nice as it was brand new when I went there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store