Do You Have Your Own Website?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
I need to set up a website for my work. But, I don't know who to go with.

I will pay for a good site that is gonna eliminate pop ups and so on.

So, I'm looking for suggestions from those who have experience.

Who's good?
Who's to avoid?

Thanks.

Lila

Watcher74

Senior N00b
Feb 5, 2004
Texas
Visit site
What type of business is it? Does it have servers on it's computer network or does it have a network? What kind of internet connection does it have?

It may be better for your business to host it's own website instead of using a third party.

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
Watcher ... I write. For the organization I joined, if I want my stories viewed, I need to have my own website (which I've been thinking of anyway).

I guess it would be a personal website. People can view and leave comments. No emails needed. I'm not selling anything, yet. ;)

I would like it to have my own domain though, also.

;)

Lila

aquariumfishguy

Social Regular
Jul 14, 2003
Michigan, USA
www.care4fish.com
If you are going for a personal site with just writings on it and possibly a few decent pictures, then most website creators out there would work. Geocities is a good one for beginners, and you can learn to use html, java, and other elements to web design at your own pace.

Tom Griffin

AC Members
Aug 18, 2000
Cleveland, OH, USA
www.tomsfish.net
Lila...i can offer you 500 megs...full FTP, shell and web based access...a webpage builder if desired, several scripts preinstalled and functional, Email services both web based and full POP...all the normal hosted site bells and whistles....more details if desired....no popups no ads of any kind.

5 bucks a month or 50 bucks a year.

Let me know if you are interested.

Watcher74

Senior N00b
Feb 5, 2004
Texas
Visit site
Ohhhhh....sorry Lila, I misunderstood. Durh....

BTW: I'm an avid writer too. Though a lot of my stuff is too visceral for some. Many people have really enjoyed my stories though. Maybe we could start a writing support/advice/idea partnership?

Tom Griffin: Are you serious?!?!?!?!?! That is an EXTREMELY good deal from my experience. Do you run an ISP or something?

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
I have been using the free Geocities for about 2 months now, but just today submitted to own my own website. So far Geocities has been great. Never had any problems. Don't know about their payed websites yet as I just purchased today and won't have the site till at most 3 days. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store