wow! kuhli loaches LOVE snails!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tpl*co

AC Members
May 25, 2004
Visit site
Well my small grow out fry tank I have 3 blue mystery snails, 1 male and 2 females. Can we say lots of baby snails? LOL. Well then I got two baby striped kuhli loaches and now I have a bunch of empty snail shells and 2 happy and rapidly growing khulies :). I've had them about 2 weeks and they've already more than doubled in size. So if you want to acculmate baby khulies maybe get a bunch of baby snails (or a couple of baby snail factories to pump out baby snails) for them to munch!

Sigh, I'll probably need to get another fry tank or breeder tank since one 10 gallon isn't cutting it :). My husband will freak if I bring another tank though :).

tpl*co

AC Members
May 25, 2004
Visit site
Wow! a 120 gallon for 50 bucks!

Go for it! Does that include everything? *sigh* the cost of accessories, filtration and stuff often cost more. Say you'll be saving money from buying a new one. In my case I had a 29 gallon for less than a year when I found I didn't have enough room for the fish I wanted and a used bowfront became available. DH did complain and wanted to make sure I was replacing the bigger tank for the smaller one (I sold the smaller one and used the money to get a canister filter for the big one on e-bay :)). The bowfront being more attractive definitely helped :). I also have a 10 and a 5 going (the 5 gallon is my killie breeding tank with 2 killies). My son would love a tank in his room though. I'd say if I give a few more months (still too soon after buying the big tank). He says if I get any more my fish are sushi! LOL. I tell him that my fish would be expensive sushi since I have a gold nugget pleco and some other rare fish.

Copper

Nearsighted master of all I survey
May 11, 2004
Arlington, TX
Visit site
I'd agree with that! I have two young khuli's. A while back I noticed a small snail that hitch hiked into my tank. It disappeared for a while after introducing the loaches, but just yesterday while vacuuming the gravel, I found a lonesome, vacant shell...

anonapersona

Reads a lot, knows a little
Mar 7, 2003
Houston
Visit site
kuhlie loaches??

I've heard that clown loaches eat snails, but I've got tons of MTS and red ramshorn snails in the tank with the kuhlie loaches and I've never seen any evidence that they eat snails....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store