Picasso Trigger

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cve

AC Members
Nov 24, 2000
Northern NJ
I have a 75 gallon bow front, just increased DSB to 4 inches. I have approx 70 lbs. of LR. Is the trigger going to have enough swimming room?

I've read they minimum needed is 75 gallons and don't want to invest in the fish if its going to need more room.

FishBait

triggerhappy
Nov 27, 2002
Wilmington, NC
Visit site
Hehe, if he hasn't started yet get ready for a cloudy tank for a while. I have 4 friends with these guys and they all have dug in the sand quite a bit. My clown trigger does in my tank as well periodically. This group just loves playin in the sand I think :)

Boogiechillin

It's ok, I confuse my students too.
Oct 26, 2000
Akron, OH, USA
www.trocadero.com
Agreed that the tank size is fine. Triggers in general tend to move around sand to their liking, partly out of searching for food and partly just according to the way they like things. (If I level out the sandbed in my undulate's tank, within an hour he's blown it back into his preferred sand dunes).

Just as an aside, realize that a trigger is going to pick that LR pretty clean. It will still be a great biological filter, but any sessile or mobile inverts that hitchhiked into the tank are now on the menu.

cve

AC Members
Nov 24, 2000
Northern NJ
Thats pretty much what I hoped for, I have my eyes on a 2 1/2 inch picasso that I think would do nicely in my tank...I figured I would lose alot off the LR's but it is a worth while trade off...

I am going to miss my cleaner shrimp though (lost them a couple weeks ago due to power outage), I used to love seeing them set up their cleaner stations.

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Hey Boogie, I have noticided that triggers love to move around the decor more than any other trigger. My 4 inch Undulated has all the aragonite in the center of the tank and his little "race track" along the outside of the tank. I put a 3 inch Damsel with him, and he cowers to the damsel. This just shows how aggressive Damsels are!

FishBait

triggerhappy
Nov 27, 2002
Wilmington, NC
Visit site
I wouldn't attempt two triggers in your tank. Maybe at smaller sizes it might work, but even IF they got along when mature, two fish of that size and their eating habits would put alot of strain on the tank.

Rudy

Over my head
Dec 3, 2002
MA
Visit site
Agree with Boogiechillin, that Picasso is a fun fish, but forget about anything interesting growing on the live rock. The Trigger will keep them relatively void of growth save some algea.

New forums appear to work great and very user friendly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store