Mono Sebaes FREE to a good home.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

goldfish freak

AC Members
Oct 16, 2001
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hello everyone. I unfortunately cannot keep my Mono Sebaes any more . Circumstances have changed and it would be too much for me to keep them. I am offering these fish for free to anyone that can provide them a good home. This would mean a large aquarium, minimum being a long 120 gallon, preferablely 200+. They are four young fish that measure between 3 3/4 and 5 1/2 each. They are currently in a specific gravity of 1.015 and I have been slowly increasing it to a marine level. I would be willing to ship these fish if the person taking them pays shipping and someone instructs me on how to safely do this. Although I would prefer to place them locally. If any is interested plaese pm me. Thanks.
I have already posted this in the classified section but am also posting here in order to get a wider audience.

Huyzel

AC Members
Dec 15, 2002
Toronto Canada
Visit site
arg... right now i have a 55 with some small archers and i'm gonna get some small monos(argentus) soon.
and i plan on getting a larger tank when they grow up. (soon as possible)

anyway, i would think that the 5 inchers would be too cramped in my 55 :( but maybe i can house the smaller ones??

anyways, if you should have trouble finding a home for the smaller ones, i'd be happy to pick them up and give them a home.

i have brackish tanks with SG=1.012
i live in scarboro.

thanks,
Huy
huyzel@rogers.com

goldfish freak

AC Members
Oct 16, 2001
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Huyzel, How long is your 55 gallon tank, and hoe many and how alrge are the archers? Most importantly how soon would you be getting the larger tank, and how large would it be? I would consider giving you all four monos depending on the load of fish you have and if you are planning on getting at least a 120 gallon within a 2 or 3 months. Please let me know. Also are you planning on raising the specific gravity of your water?

Huyzel

AC Members
Dec 15, 2002
Toronto Canada
Visit site
hi Goldfish Freak,
My 55 is four feet long.
I have 3 two inch archers.
I also have 1 three inch scat.
Was considering getting mono argentus rather than sabae's (3?)
I am considering a 110 gal, that is available NOW,
but i would like a slightly bigger tank... say 120+ whenever a deal rolls around.
i would probably go full marine when the scat and mono's are full grown in the larger tank(when i buy it soon hopefully :) )
If there is someone else with a larger tank, then they'll be happier there. but if you can't find anyone else, i'll take them from ya.

thanks,
Huy

goldfish freak

AC Members
Oct 16, 2001
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Let me know if you get the 110 gallon+ tank within the next couple of weeks, and I will give them to you. I would ideally would like to give them away by then. I am glad that you are concerned about the welfare of these fish. I am also glad that you are planning on raising the specific gravity to the marine level since this is waht is best for these fish as well as your scat when they become mature. If you do buy the 110 gallon+ tank, I feel that the enviroment you will provide will be good for these fish. Also since you are so close by the fish would be far less stressed when they reach their new home. By the way My Sebaes are growing up to be really beauties. I think you will be plaesed with their appearance.

olaf

AC Members
Jan 8, 2003
Visit site
I am interested in your Sebae Monos. I have been looking for 4 Sebae I have one Sebae Mono = 4 1/2" and 5 Argentine Monos = 4 1/2". I have a 150 gal acrylic tank 48"L x 30"H x 24"D. I have been asking the LFS to get some Sebaes in but no luck and when they do come in they are the size of quarters (too small).
Have you found out what shipping would be for them?
I feed my fish premium live food and some frozen food.
All of my fish are of show quality.
I have plans to build a room size tank in the near future

officecomp1.jpg

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Wow, what a cool tank! Is that in your office? What fish are in there now?

Huyzel

AC Members
Dec 15, 2002
Toronto Canada
Visit site
that is quite the tank that you are planning on building!

do you have pics of your current 150? i'd like to see that too.
:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store