Possible Boil Order

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LongTime

AC Members
May 10, 2004
Florissant, MO
Visit site
Due to some work the water company and my city are involved in, I may have to boil my water for a few days or longer. Should I postpone my water changes during that time?

What about replacing water due to evaporation?

ChicoRaton

Se?or Member
Jun 5, 2004
Idaho, USA
www.hazy8.com
wow, everybody is having water shortages. my well decided to crap out on me so I can't do a water change until it's fixed. I'd postpone the water changes to make sure any minerals etc they might stir up during the work are given a chance to dissipate. just me though, I'm not sure about the exact water properties. to top off you could use RO/DI water or distilled water without any probs I believe. I'd go for RO/DI from your lfs.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Watch out when using distilled water as it has no buffer and if used in large enough quantities can effect your pH drastically. Perhaps you could use a britta filter to get most of the bad stuff out and use that for top off water and postpone the water change for a bit.

ChicoRaton

Se?or Member
Jun 5, 2004
Idaho, USA
www.hazy8.com
I was talking about using distilled for top off water. that would have no effect on his water chemistry.
to top off you could use RO/DI water or distilled water without any probs
As for the brita filter, they're useless IMO. Just filter floss and carbon is all that's in them.

LongTime

AC Members
May 10, 2004
Florissant, MO
Visit site
Thanks for the help. It hasn't gotten to that point yet, but they keep moving equipment into the neighborhood and they have started digging.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store