white cloud has it too!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Perhaps constipation? What are you feeding them? I have heard that epsom salts dissolved in the water will help with constipation. Try doing a search in the forum for it as I have no idea how much you would use.

JoeB

AC Members
Aug 1, 2004
South Florida
Visit site
Thanks, Ill give that a read. I mostly feed them flakes, with some dried brine shrimp, frozen and dried bloodworms, etc. I have tried different foods just to see what they like. I was thinking maybe some kind of stomach parasite could be doing it? The belly doesnt seem to affect their health at all, but when I go to the LFS, none of their fish look like this.

RyJ

AC Members
Feb 2, 2003
Moncton, NB, Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by JoeB
Thanks, Ill give that a read. I mostly feed them flakes, with some dried brine shrimp, frozen and dried bloodworms, etc. I have tried different foods just to see what they like. I was thinking maybe some kind of stomach parasite could be doing it? The belly doesnt seem to affect their health at all, but when I go to the LFS, none of their fish look like this.
Most LFS feed their fish very very little...just enough to tie them over until they are purchased. Food is quite expensive when using it on a massive scale...and the less waste in an over-stocked aquarium, the better...

Try TKOS' idea of adding some salt :)

hcgirl80

i is a gud righter lyke leela.
Jun 3, 2004
USA
www.freewebs.com
I missed, what type of fish is this?

Could you have babies on the way???

Aquatick

AC Members
Jul 21, 2004
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
It's a white cloud mountain fish. I suppose it could be pregnant. They are egg scatterers so it can be difficult to prove once the belly goes down. Hmmm, maybe you should try adding some plants for them to deposit their eggs into if that is indeed the case.

JoeB

AC Members
Aug 1, 2004
South Florida
Visit site
Thank you guys for your comments. After reading more on constipation, bloating and pregnant fish, I think I am going to say they are egg-laden. BTW, white clouds grow up fast! Anyone have any experience w/ breeding W.C.'s?

Aquatick

AC Members
Jul 21, 2004
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
Originally posted by JoeB
Thank you guys for your comments. After reading more on constipation, bloating and pregnant fish, I think I am going to say they are egg-laden. BTW, white clouds grow up fast! Anyone have any experience w/ breeding W.C.'s?
They are egg scatterers so breeding them in a tank where any fish (even the parents) can eat them is next to impossible. An interesting little factoid is that long fin white clouds have become pretty rare in the market because it takes so long for their fins to grow. Aparently the selective breeding process wasn't kept up so they've almost faded completely away. :( Short fins like you have, however, are plentiful.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store