African Lung Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
As some of you may know, I recently saved an african lung fish who had been turned in to the LFS. They were unable to find a home for him locally, and were going to have to put it down soon. I posted here and Butt-Munch was willing to give the fish his very own 300 gallon home. I picked the ALF up from the LFS Friday evening, and he spent the might at my house in a 55 (very cramped!). We then boxed him up and trekked to Wichita KS, where we met with Butt-Munch and sent the big guy on his way to a much better home.

I promised I would post pictures, and am now getting time to do so. The fish was 32-33 inches long, and this is in a 55 gallon tank. There are three pics--I don't have time to upload them to my webpage right now, so there will be 2 more replies with pics.

bubblyfrontbody.jpg

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
And here is his head in the box we transported him in. He's curled around--about a half curl.

This fish was amazing--I was thrilled to have him 'stay over' for the night. Sorry for the bubbles and poor pictures--we didn't want to annoy him by making him pose too much.

Butt-Munch--if you could please post a note on how he's doing now, I'd appreciate it!

inbox1.jpg

Last edited:

Wanda

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
Visit site
Butt Munch -- we'd sure be interested in hearing how he's settling in to his new home ...

OrionGirl -- you really went to a lot of effort for this fish -- how wonderful of you!

B

BigFishDude

come on butt-munch, don't be a butt-munch and hold out on that update :p.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store