Oscar has ICH ??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

o snap its eric

AC Members
Jan 2, 2003
san francisco
Visit site
you know how i get rid of ich... i did the all natural way haha. set your heater to about 82-84 degrees. and cover your tank completely and not letting any light in or it will mess up the process. so cover it up about 24-48 hours. then let it have light for 5 days and then repeat the first step again. by the second time you cover the tank you ich will be gone... as for me i only did the first step and i saw noticable differance. but then i decided to give them some medicine. never heard of anyone try this before so i figured this might be the first to do it.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Light makes no difference in the reproductive cycle of ich. The ich parasite infests a fish via it's gills, and then slowly makes it's way through the muscle. It forms a cyst on the skin of the fish, which drops off and lands in the substrate. This cyst hatches into many free swimming tomites. The tomites make their way through the water in search of a fish to re-infect. The time this process takes is temperature dependant--higher temps makes it go faster. The tomites are the only stage we can effect with medications.

However, if you saw worms, it wasn't ich. With the exception of the cysts (the white crytals on the skin of the fish), the life stages of the ich parasite are too small to be seen by the naked eye.

Sorry--I can't identify what you do have, but it isn't ich.

Allison Reed

Sushi Lovin' Aquarist
Dec 3, 2002
Vancouver, wa
Visit site
I was told ich could not breed in temperatures under 80 degrees. My 100 gallon is at 80-81 degrees at all times, and I've never had a problem with ich as long as i've had it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store