tank mates for a 125 gallon tank??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pagipoo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
southwest VA
Visit site
I have just started fishless cycling a 125 gallon tank. Will be moving 2 large and 2 medium size bala shark's, 1 very large angel:D. These fish are coming from some smaller tanks we have that they are out growning.

thinking about getting 3 clown loaches. what else would be good tank mates for these fish?

Rocketman

Detroit; proud of it.
Oct 24, 2002
Detroit, MI
Real Name
Reid
Feel bad cause no one has replied to your topic. Id get more Balas (some say they like at least 6 of their own) and maybe some cories (4 or 5, 6 if you can) whatever else. I am not sure clown loaches will appreciate the same water paameter's Bala's do.

Pagipoo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
southwest VA
Visit site
are there any other type loaches that would work with the water paramenters of the balas? was thinking may a yo yo loaches.

what types of algae eater's would work in a 125 gallon besides a pl*co "big over grown poop machines" have 2 in other tanks?

Frank_Carr

AC Members
Jan 13, 2003
Atlanta, GA, USA
Visit site
Well, should I ever manage to get a 125 gallon tropical tank I'd go with the balas too. I was also thinking a school of tinfoil barbs and/or giant danios would look nice in there and should get along as well (I don't know how well they would get along with an angel fish though). And, of course, it would be a good place for my "big overgrown poop machine" who's about 8" now.

Skippy

Grand Poobah of Fun
Aug 22, 2000
Dallas, TX
web.of.slacking.net
I'm sure this will get some raised eyebrows....

I have a 100 gallon myself and just wanted a heavily planted tank with less destructive fish. So I have a group of about 20 cardinals.

Then my girlfriend fell in love with some brightly colored fancy guppies, so I have 2 males and 3 females in there as well while I get a tank ready to be her guppy tank.

Add in a small assortment of otto's snails, and one rubber lip pleco, and you have my 100 gallon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store