Do you use PVC pipe in your aquarium?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PunkMartyr

AC Members
Dec 23, 2002
Stroudsburg, PA
Visit site
I bought a pvc pipe piece from home depot today and put it in my aquarium. I started brainstorming and had some ideas in my head but wanted to see what types of things other people have done with PVC. I bet people with eels especially have done some interesting things.

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
I just use PVC for my plumbing systems :)

But, who was it that took large diameter pieces of PVC, covered them in silicone, and rolled them in aquarium gravel??! It looked great - little caves covered in gravel that matched the substrate. Anyone remember this, or who it was?

Skippy

Grand Poobah of Fun
Aug 22, 2000
Dallas, TX
web.of.slacking.net
I use PVC pipe segments (about 4 inches long) in my peacock gudgeon tank scattered around. The males take up roost in them and guard eggs in them when they spawn.

I have tinkered with some ideas about cave systems under the gravel of a tank using PVC, but for now have limited my experiments to taking those disposable glad containers and turning them upside down and cutting an entrance hole in them.

Then cover them with gravel.

Makes decent little "caves"

punch

AC Members
Mar 25, 2002
Petaluma, CA
I have done that, I have 2 caves made of PVC with gravel siliconed on it. They make great caves that match the look of the
aquarium, and my fish love them. I also did this and attached java ferns to it as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store