White Cloud

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tenlientl

AC Members
Sep 2, 2004
I just purchased 10 white mountain clouds on a local pet store. Anyways, I just add them in the tank 20 minutes ago. The tank is a 20 gallon, a very new setup. I add water to it yesterday. I'm doing the cycle with fish. I'll add plants soon. I also finished adding the AquaClear Step 3 in the filter i just bought today with the fish.

Any thoughts on what I did? I've read around and it was reccomended to have the moss plant for new setups? Would java fern be a wiser idea? Or should I go get both. I have 2 plastic plants right no on the far right. I'm thinking of adding real ones on the far left, lol.

I also have no clue what the ph, etc. is. I'll check tomorrow. I'll go get the test kit from my dads house and check.

tenlientl

AC Members
Sep 2, 2004
Also, I tried feeding it flakes called the NutraFin Max. It says its good for all the fish, but it didnt eat. I guess its because its in a new environment.

liuj1

AC Members
Aug 5, 2004
Alameda, CA
Visit site
my recently completed tank started with 5 white clouds-- the water is quite new, you should have let it run for a few days! What kind of filter, did you treat the water, is there a heater, etc... that said, the rest of the guys will help you, but this should have gone in freshwater newbies, i guess...

tenlientl

AC Members
Sep 2, 2004
aquaclear 150. i have heater. its 85 degrees right now. my mistake. ill lower it soon. and man. my fish got suck up the filter, lol. its fine now thoguh, still alive. yes. i treated it with aqua plus and the cycle thingy.

tenlientl

AC Members
Sep 2, 2004
it got sucked agian. the same one, lol. i added another sucking thing to make it lower. i hope that helps.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
First of all those are cold water fish. That temp needs to be done near the low 70'F or they will just end up dieing. And the fact that one got stuck to the filter intake leads me to believe that they are sick fish. Healthy fish never get stuck to the filter intake.

The fish that keeps getting sucked up will likely die very soon, especially if the temp stays high. Not so LOL in my book.

Add live plants as soon as possible, any will do but moss and fern are easy to take care off. And start doing daily water changes or 20% at least to keep the ammonia and nitrite levels as low as possible. Get a test kit for ammonia and nitrite at the very least and make sure those levels stay as low as possible during the cycling.

tenlientl

AC Members
Sep 2, 2004
thanks tkos. i'll be checking those levels today. i'll try to get java fern and that moss maybe this weekend. thanks again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store