Anemone Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ForumPete58

AC Members
Apr 12, 2004
Springfield, MO
Visit site
I purchased an anemome yesterday. This is my first time at these so I don't know much about them. First question: How likely is it that my yellow stiped maroon clown won't take to the anemone? Second: Light; The same time I bought this little guy I also bought a set of 50/50 bulbs, 50% natural daylight 50% actinic 03 blue. I have read that marine fish dont like more than 15hrs. of light. Is this the same for the anemone? Any other helpful hints would be nice..
Thanks,
Matt

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
ForumPete58 said:
I purchased an anemome yesterday. This is my first time at these so I don't know much about them. First question: How likely is it that my yellow stiped maroon clown won't take to the anemone? Second: Light; The same time I bought this little guy I also bought a set of 50/50 bulbs, 50% natural daylight 50% actinic 03 blue. I have read that marine fish dont like more than 15hrs. of light. Is this the same for the anemone? Any other helpful hints would be nice..
Thanks,
Matt
The Maroon may or may not take to it. It would depend on what sort of anemone it is and it's size vs the clown. Much bigger is best because clowns have been know to beat smaller ones to death so keep an eye out. What sort of anemone is it anyway some are much easier to take care of than others eg. bubble tips and rock anemone,"not a clown host". Some like atlantic carpets are fairly easy and would absolutly love to eat your clown. 50/50 how many wats and how deep is your tank? It will all go back to the first question what sort of anemone is it? Light duration would also depend on what kind of anemone you have and how deep in your tank it is etc.

ForumPete58

AC Members
Apr 12, 2004
Springfield, MO
Visit site
I am not sure what kind of anenome it is. It is a few inches across and pink in color. There are no bulbs or any other colors. The clown has taken very well to the anenome, it seems that the clown is bullying the little guy around at some times. As for the lighting; the bulbs are 15 watts each and the depth of the tank is 18". Until a couple of days ago the anenome would never fully open, but now he is. Also when I saw him at the LFS he was stuck on the glass. He doesn't show any sort of movement now. How will I know if it is unhealthy?
Thanks,
Matt

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store