Blue Convicts (pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

N8DOGG

Peaches !!
Jul 5, 2004
NY
Visit site
just thought I'd share some pictures.

In the other tank there are also babies on the way, they are wigglers right now. :dance the mother is a regular convict and the dad is a blue convict......I don't think I will keep any of these and I think that the other fish will eat them.

These are in my new 55 gallon.
This is her second try (first with this male) and its his first try,so I hope I get some babies. :laugh:

Mom with eggs

Mom and Dad

They are BLUE convicts. HRP x convicts = blue convict

tel0004

Lost in Translation
Sep 7, 2004
Cincinnati, Ohio
Good pics, best of luck to you with your fry. My convicts just had wigglers this morning, but when I came home they were gone. I doubt in was any tank mates, so it was probably one of the convicts. I guess thats the beauty of these fish, I can try again in 3 weeks or so.

N8DOGG

Peaches !!
Jul 5, 2004
NY
Visit site
Haggisman yep hybrids :( I'm gonna try and get some HRP but these guys look great. The blue background takes away from them but they do get the red in the fins like a HRP and are really blue.

Hourdian(sp?) red point x convict = blue convict
Hourdian(sp?) red point x pink convict = platniuim(sp?) convict

tel0004 are there any other hidding places? My other tank has free swiming fry now and they "dissapear" from time to time. The parents move them to different hidding spots.

Update on blue convict fry : WIGGLERS :dance

N8DOGG said:
Haggisman yep hybrids :( I'm gonna try and get some HRP but these guys look great. The blue background takes away from them but they do get the red in the fins like a HRP and are really blue.

Hourdian(sp?) red point x convict = blue convict
Hourdian(sp?) red point x pink convict = platniuim(sp?) convict

tel0004 are there any other hidding places? My other tank has free swiming fry now and they "dissapear" from time to time. The parents move them to different hidding spots.

Update on blue convict fry : WIGGLERS :dance
Cool I'm fine with hybrids, the platinum cons sound interesting.I currently have me a batch of JB parrot(Supposidly pink conxBP)xStriped con fry, some are pink some are striped, they will probably just turn out like normal cons.I have also had JB Parrot x Blood Parrot fry(they ended up looking like mutated cons with a lot of olive green and some orange markings) and before the JB and Con got together I almost had Sajicia x Pink Con.

Wish I could find HRP's around here
;) :sad

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store