Discus breeders

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RCR

AC Members
Aug 27, 2004
I'm looking to purchase 5-6 juvenile discus, I'm not sure what type yet. Can anyone recommend a good breeder? I live in southwest Ohio, one within driving distance would be great. If not I'm prepared to have shipped. If anyone has ideas but doesn't want to post here please let me know how I can contact you. Thanks.

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
I agree with Gunnie, I think great lakes is close, it's in michigan I believe. Cary's also got excellent discus there, so you'll be getting great fish from him.

RCR

AC Members
Aug 27, 2004
Thanks, I've been on his site and it looks promising. Would he be a pretty safe bet to order "blind" if I can't go? Rocky Mountain Discus is also about the same distance from me. Any feedback, here or in private?

PumaWard

Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
With Cary (Great Lakes) I would say your in safe hands. Over at simply, he's the top pick for ordering fish online. And, he hand-picks the fish for you so you don't end up with defected discus... not to mention the 10 day bill of health on fish over 2.5''... can't really beat that.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Can someone post that actual website?

The breeder where we got our 8 Discus quit, or his website is down..

I like to know of other reliable breeders out there. Thanks.

Gunnie

Newbie forever
Jun 8, 2003
Tallahassee, FL
www.egunsellers.com
Here you go Joe! BTW, have you ever considered a weekend trip to the gathering held every 3 months near Chattanooga? Doc Friday usually comes with beautiful discus. Some are as big as 5 inches. It's a great time for all, and a great way to get more discus!

http://www.simplydiscus.com/library/links.shtml#1

PumaWard

Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store