Eating Algae

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tenlientl

AC Members
Sep 2, 2004
Hi. I believe I have algae(it's on the bottom of the front tank and on the rocks). They're white and look like hair but the top end of it is bigger, lol. Anyways, what's a good eating algae organism that will work well with plants, white cloud, guppies, and maybe zebra danios IF i buy them. Right now I have white clouds only. But I'm planning on buying plants along with the algae eating thing when i go to a LFS.

My cycle seems to be near in completion so I don't know if I should buy that algae eating fish right now. Also, if you do reccomend which algae eating fish, please tell me how much they will probably cost and how many I should buy for a 20 gallon tank. I'm thinking of just two for whatever unless there's a good reason to buy more.

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
I'd definately wait until the cycle is complete, but good options in your tank would be snails, otto's or amano shrimp maybe, or SAE's possibly. do some research on each, and also bear in mind that while algea eaters will help, they won't control algea completely. that has to be done with maintenance, and good water.

tenlientl

AC Members
Sep 2, 2004
No, i'm not sure it's algae, lol. What's hydra? I'll search it now but if anyone can tell me, please do so. Search for 5 minutes then continue to school, haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store