Rose Anemone Problem.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
I bought a rose bubble tip anemone two months ago, it was bleached, but I didn't know what that was untill I took pictures and asked online after I brought it home. So I've been feeding it every day or every other day since then (mysis shrimp and krill) and it seemed to be doing fine, it was just kind of white still in the middle but its mouth was always tight. When it shrinks up to go to the bathroom it seems like the fish are mad and bite at it. The last two weeks I have noticed that it lost some tenticles, but there looks to be some buds where or by the tenticle came off, what is this about? Is there anything I can do more than feed it?!

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Try to protect it from the fish if you can until it fully recovers. I'd put it in a clear plastic critter keeper or something to give it a little peace. Try to find something big enough to hold your anemone and the rock that it is on. Don't remove it from what ever it's attached to you'd probably do more harm than good. If that's not possible you may consider removing the fish from the tank for a while. Has it been getting it's color back and is it eating well? You migh try silver sides as well mine doesn't care much for krill.
hth and keep us posted
chris

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
It eats silversides and mysis shrimp, sorry. Um... it had alot of color sometimes but the center of it still hasn't been darker than a cream color, hes on a huge rock and I don't have a tank ready to put my fish in... but it does eat a variety.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
How big is it? Could you maybe put something over it to keep your fish away for a whlie? The top part of a juice bottle would work pretty well and it has a pretty big lid so it will be easy to feed. You might also consider soaking it's food in selcon or some other coral vitamin to give it an additional boost.
keep us posted and good luck it's not going to be easy to get this guy back to good health. I think that you'll be able to though it just needs some peace, good light and food.
Chris

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
Its hanging on a rock in a weird position between the corner of the glass (in the front right) there isn't much room to put anything over it, its been there since the day i put it in... it only had florecents in the tank it came from and i have 135watt PC's its a little bigger than my two fish but they can just barely both fit in it... i don't want to try to remove it... i use to put the silversides in chromaplex or zooplex but i'll need to buy some more (it made me run out quick)

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Your are 100% correct on not trying to move or remove it. Most likely it would be umh forever because you would probably rip it's foot. Maybe make a box out of netting and a frame and glue it to the rocks untill it's about 2x as big as it is now? I know that it would be a real pain but, it really would help it recover faster. What kind of clowns do you have? Some like maroons can be really hard on anemones little guys like yours may not be able to take the beating.
hth
Chris

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
they are deff. a male and female maroon clown fish 3" and 1.5" big.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store