Just discovered Convict fry....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ground Zero

Registered Member
Sep 19, 2004
New Bern, NC
Hey there...first post, but have lurked for a while. I just discovered that I have some fry going. Now what? I have never had this happen before. The tank is 75 gal and populated with 4 Convicts, 9 assorted Africans, Pleco and a Clown Knife. Any input would help.

Thanks

gonefishin

corn-eyed finless brown trout?
Sep 17, 2004
Lake Tahoe
You had eggs and did't even know? wow! Now that you have fry I'd move 'em unless you want "natural selection" to occur. You could even get a breeding net or divider for the little guys till they get bigger. once they do, give them to your friends or sell/trade to the lfs. My fishie store will give feeder credit for cichlid fry. 10 goldies or 30 guppies per 1/2 incher.

downloader

AC Members
Oct 29, 2001
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
The good thing about convicts are if your lose this brood of fry you'll have another in about a month. Not much you can do now, the fry will be eatten sooner or later. If you have another tank put the couple in there and they will breed sooner or later. Good luck

wwww.bluewhippet.net

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store