Help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dianne6

AC Members
Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
This am i changed some of the water in my tank, syphoned
out the bottom, changed the filters, etc. and added a pleco
to my oscar tank. I add this stuff that my fish store suggested
Aquari-sol, its supposed to prevent ick, fungus etc and treat
mild cases. I have a 55 gal and added the appropriate amount.
I then realized that my oscar has ick. Is it safe to add the
ick guard now? Remove the carbon filters? My water is only
on 76 right now. I have raised the temp. I dont want to
over dose them with two types of meds. Shall i treat the ick
with the ick guard but only add enough to treat say a 30 gal
since i already added the aquari0sol.

Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dianne

First, easy on the chemicals. Next, look at your water conditions, and possible sources of stress for the fish. If nothing is out of whack, then move on to treating. If the fish are not in serious condition then I would recomed moving the temp up to 81. Next, if you don't have any aquarium salt in the tank, put some in. You can get it at the LFS, and I belive its 1tbs to every 5 gal of water, but make sure you double check that. As long as the fish is eating, and not acting too lethargic, just keep it at that. In most of my cases, just some heat and salt has taken care of it. As for using the aquari-sol as a preventative, I would stop. Thats pretty much another way for the LFS to get your $$. Keep your water clean, and watch for stress on the fish...thats all the prevention you need. HTH.

"J"

dianne6

AC Members
Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
I put aquarium salt in yesterday, and raised

the H20 temp and took the carbon out when i added a little
ick guard, but this am he still has the ick. I think that i will
try to change alot more of the water this am. If i do that
will it be ok to add more salt or will that be too much.
Its a 55 gal tank by the way.

Thanks for your help.
Dianne

Ich will not go away over night. Best case he will have it for 3 to 4 days. What do you have the temp up to now?? FW ich does not fair well above 80. As for the oscar, hes safe up to 85 or so. I kept my oscar tanks around 82.. They tend to stay a bit more aggressive, but I never saw ich again.

As for the salt, add as much as you take out. IE, if you take out 10g of water, then add 2tbs of salt.

Also, what else is in the tank?? How long has it been set up?? and how big is the oscar?? Do you have a test kit?? If so, do a full run of test(NH3, nitrite, nitrate, ad PH) and let me know the results..

"J"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store