question on feeding catfish in a tank with african cichlids...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wigglejaggles

AC Members
Oct 26, 2003
north tonawanda, ny
Visit site
hey now,

I have two small lace cats in a 38 gallon with five rusty cichlids. They have been in there about a week. I feed the cichlids once a day omega one african cichlid flake food. and ever other day they get fed peas and spinach instead of the flake food.

I really want to put some quality sinking wafers in for the two lace cats, but I am worried that the cichlids will devour the sinking pellets before the cats get to them and then will result int hem getting bloat.

Can any of you offer any of your ideas on how to properly feed a catfish in a tank with african cichlids?

thanks!

take care,
Jared

JSchmidt

Cowbell! I need more cowbell!
Jun 27, 1999
IL, USA
www.wiu.edu
Just feed the catfish the sinking wafers about a half hour after dark. The cichlids will be napping, but the cats will find the food.

HTH,
Jim

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
If the cats have favorite hiding places, use an airlift tube to direct the food to the hiding place. I tube drop wafers to my pictus cats pretty frequently, because my JD can't stand to let anything edible go past. It's rather funny watching the jd hammer the sides of the tube trying to get at the pellets.
dave

Banger

AC Members
Oct 2, 2004
Thats why I love this site, answers to my questions at my fingertips! I was having a similar problem. Thanks for the tips !
MBZ

lereg15

AC Members
Oct 2, 2004
Englewood, Florida
I agree Banger. I've learned tons since I started going here, and I don't think it's been 2 weeks yet. Thanks to all of your help. A lot of this is hard to get on other sites. It's very much appreciated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store