10 month "Nano" update

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
[I call it a "nano" but it’s really a 29gallon tank (and that still is ''nano'' i guess (not 10^-9) but whatever... I just did it because there’s a lot of posts with "nano" in the title right now)]

Alright, so my tank has been up since December and that one year mark is coming up fast! This post is going to just be an update of what has happened in my tank and its inhabitants. I'd like to thank the moderators (monosabelover, oriongirl) and everyone else who has helped me out a lot (caz, cerhaball, guyw, everyone basically...) So I started with a book... and going to the LFS all the time like everyone else probably, knowing a family friend who worked there helped with the costs and my girlfriend, best friend, family chipped in to get me a 29gallon tank with a stand and fluval204 filter for Christmas last year. It had the intention of being an octopus tank but once I filled it with water/sand/live rock it looked too good to not put corals on it... I bought two peppermint shrimp to eat some apstasia and then my first mistake was to buy an anemone/maroon clownfish... two months into having my tank (after cycling) the shrimp appeared to be pinching the tentacles so i returned them. I bought another clown the next day hopefully it would take to the other clown but that clown was really aggressive to the one with the anemone... i returned the non aggressive one in fear that it would get sick, which it ended up doing at the fish store from stress and died. I had bought power compacts with the anemone so it had enough light but my tank was just too new. The next week i found a small maroon clown so i tried my luck again, which wasn't good... it bit the baby and took a large portion of its fin off but after two weeks of me being worried and bagging them up and brining them to stores they decided they liked each other and i haven’t seen them apart since. The anemone died because of a bristle worm problem (search my threads for pictures, blah blah blah its like 16" big.... and yes its back and I don’t know what to do anymore so I’m letting it win in the freaking me out competition).

Jumping way ahead to this morning i had... two skunk cleaner shrimp(spick and span), one peppermint shrimp(not named yet), one Midas Blenny(Pepsi), two maroon clown fish (Damien, female, and hiccup, male)...a bunch of hermits which are demons and eat snails... a few snails including one Tonga nassarius snail. For corals I now have a large frogspawn, pink xenia polyps, toadstool leather, two green finger leathers, mushrooms, lettuce coral, calpernia stalks, two feather dusters (not a coral) and a rose bubble tipped anemone (which my aggressive clowns attack when it closes up to eat or go to the bathroom, which is a serious problem i have to find a solution for)

My new inhabitances as of tonight are six new snails. three turbos with spiky shells, three smaller snails (i forget the name) two more peppermint shrimp and a small red star fish that I’ll have to get ID'd he isn't a linka and will stay small, they didn't have the name up yet at the store since they came in at about 6pm but my friend was working and said she got one last week and that they rarely get them in and that the workers had called the rest... so i bought it. I'll post pictures within the next two days, but i just wanted to let everyone know how i was doing and that i appreciate everything they have done to help me with my tank.
:dance

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
sounds like you have an awesome tank, congrats post some pics!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store