Losing Naso Tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Juthunter28

AC Members
May 11, 2004
Visit site
My naso has developed black patches all over and is acting very strange. He hasnt really eaten anything but some Chaeto algae that i had but i cant see that hes eating anything else. The chaeto is all gone and i just ordered more but he has dark patches all over his body. what is this!!? Thanks for the help.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Hmmm...How big are the patches? Any dimension to them? What else is in the tank?

Juthunter28

AC Members
May 11, 2004
Visit site
Um the patches are covering his whole body. He is about 6 inches long. He was in excelent health a month ago but this week he developed these patches. He is laying on the sand not moving alot breathing heavily at times. There is a blue devil damsel, two false percs, a Half Moon Damsel, Coral Beauty Angel, 3 Blue Green Chromis, 1 fridimanis pseudochromis, A hippo tang, a Kleins Butterfly, and a Hawaiin Eight Line Wrasse. My Naso is wild caught from hawaii and shipped here a month ago, along with the wrasse. I dont want to lose him, so should i do a freshwater dip? any other foods i can get for him. thanks

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Anyway of picking up a cleaner shrimp? Might help, shouldn't hurt...I'm not sure what all can even be ruled out, other than cyanide. This doesn't really sound like a parasite to me, but rather an infection of some kind. Everyone else is in good shape and healthy? No signs of them picking on the naso?

With a larger fish, sometimes it's a matter of stress--capture, transport, etc. Not much to be done in those cases, and sometimes the fish can make it as long as there isn't additional stress from water conditions or other fish.

Juthunter28

AC Members
May 11, 2004
Visit site
Sorry forgot to mention i have a cleaner shrimp also. I just freshwater dipped him and put him back in. hope to see him do better. he is swimming around now. My chaeto should be here in the next day or two so if he can survive till then maybe the food will help him out. any other foods that naso's eat that is readily available?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store